Homestay is friendship
Homestay is a place to stay when you have trekking trip 1 night at least. Before to go there, we will introduce and recommend when go on trek to visit and stay with a local hill tribe.
You’re likely to feel the genuine spirit of the country. Homestay is not simply a place to cover your head and leave but is friendship.
Everytime I visit a place and have a chance to stay with the locals in homestay village. It always feels like visiting my relatives, After coming back, some travellers and hosts really become friends and some even count each other like a real relative.
Homestay cannot be compared to hotels or the resort. But only a small amount of money able to buy the great experiences. Touch a real life with a new perspectives by friendship.
We hope this article useful to help you understand and we really sure nobody briefing you before go on trek. And now you already to go with who? Trekking with Lala, Pree Cha, Por Dee or join us to trekking 2 days and try to homestay 1 night with the hill tribe people.
- All homes have a similar layout, built on wooden stilts.
- Most kitchens still have a traditional fire for cooking.
- Please take off your shoes before entering a house, temple or building.
- Homestay supplied with mattress, mosquito net, pillow, warm blanket and squat toilet.
- The bathroom and toilet usually located underneath outside the house.
- Most of the toilet will have 2 buckets of water, 1 is for squat toilet and another one for taking a bath.
- Please put used toilet paper in rubbish bin.
- Host family usually let guests to enjoy the meals first. So do not worry about the host family. They usually eat later. Just only a head of family (husband) to join with you.
During stay in the village
- Following rules when you are in the village.
- Communicate with the local community simply use your body language and your emotion to communicate with them.
- Please dress modestly. Female attire should cover the knees, shoulders and chest. Please avoid low cut
tops or above the knee shorts / skirts.
- Please do not show strong affection in public.
- Please do not touch people’s heads and do not raise your legs and feet or point them at anybody. The
head is considered the most sacred part of the body, and the feet are the lowest.
- Please do not touch spirit catchers or religious symbols.
- Please do not litter.
In the mornings start early, to the sounds of animals and children running around. The animals are kept under the house. During the daytime the village will be quiet and will start to come back in the evening. Everybody starts to prepare dinner together.
There are some place where you will stay. they think a homestay is the same guesthouse or bungalow for tourist. Especially by the Thai law, the local people who apply a house to running business guesthouse. It must have 4 rooms only. If they are doing more, they will apply to and under the law as the same big hotel. What do you think?