Last Updated on October 19, 2021 by Handy Man
For the good time
This is idea and most popular while traveling in Mae Hong Son. You will love to go back again even you never come back again. Things to do based on my experience and having contact by tourist. Don’t missed a good moment during visit here.
Most visitors who are satisfied with staying in Mae Hong Son for more than 3 nights. And everyone will say the same thing “We should stay here one or two more nights.” They will stay at Fern Resort and I’m very familiar with them here.
If you didn’t plan in advance to come over here unexpectedly. You might be tune to fine staying here and find out more information by local people to making a draft plan to spending a time in Mae Hong Son when arrival.
You should be able to stay in downtown at the first night with the reasonable price such as Piya Guesthouse, Rom Tai House and others to looking for things to do that you prefer here.
Welcome to home away home
Arrive Mae Hong Son in the afternoon would be better. Check in at your hotel and relax. Afterwards, walking around downtown get a welcome dinner by your own. Night market available Nov – Feb.
You will feeling love this city, especially if you are traveling during the low season. Many years ago, it used to be popular with Thai’s LGBT community because chances of meeting someone you know are zero and no one is watching you.
But if you don’t like it? You have a time and optional go to Pai in the north route or go down to Mae Sariang District and others. I suggest you the direction to go on in this article down below. Take it easy.
To hang out with friends
Day 2 – 3
You will be find things to do in Mae Hong Son easily. According to your preferences and lifestyle. The main activities in Mae Hong Son are outdoor such as;
- Bamboo Rafting
- Cycling or walking
- Longtail Boat
- Ride Motobike
The only city in Thailand can do touring by walk. Maybe you can buy a tour or plan to visit and stay in places around the outskirts of the city first and then come back to Mae Hong Son later.
Make a special day here
Day 4 – 5
Most tourists will like the beauty of nature, good weather, living lifestyle and local people of Mae Hong Son. You might consider it is a good time to join together in your family and spendind time with your belove here.
Although this may be true, you should booking somewhere to stay or something to do for a special day. Even you don’t like the same things.
I met two tourists is husband and wife who visited in Mae Hong Son for more than a week. I get intimate them quite quickly because they friendly, we talked so fun and the attitude is similar.
In the first few days, they go together. Later, they go one by one. I took them one by one on a trip every other day. They do not the same thing, made a different trips and activities. I really surprice.
I kept the question until I had the opportunity to ask her. Is there something wrong or can I help you? She said “I want my husband to do whatever he likes. I seldom to go outside.” Perhaps, she likes to stay at the resort with a lot of big trees surrounding. They were good husband and wife in the rest of life. So, I feel release.
Prepare for take off
Day 6 – 7
Now it’s time to go. This moment you can answer to yourself that will you happy continue to be here? Or you could plan a trip back to Chiang Mai and find interesting places to next destinations.
If you do not take a plane or van directly to Chiang Mai. You can plan your itinerary to stay overnight somewhere on the way back by car. I had some optionals for ideas.
3 options the way back to Chiang Mai
- Visit hill tribe village in Soppong, Lod Cave and stay overnight nearby here or keep going to Pai where a colorful city crowded with tourists and then plan a trip back to Chiang Mai in the following days.
- Go on a mountain road trip that we called mid-route to Mae Chaem. The views are very beautiful along the way. Passing through vegetable plantations on the mountain and staying at Mae Chaem District.
- A little town in Chiang Mai boundary, situated in a huge valley and the weather is good. The next day, you probably will visit Doi Inthanon the highest point in Thailand.
- Moreover visit Karen village and waterfall on the way down. Arrive Chiang Mai in the evening.
- The longest loop to Mae Sariang. It might be visit hill tribe village and homestay at Mae Lanoi. Mostly, we stop at Museam, Hot Spring and Keaw Cave. And then arrive Mae Sariang District in the afternoon.
- I prefer this town an older traditional community. They still very simple life living old wooden house and especially not many tourists.
- The next day, go back to Chiang Mai which we can make a few more stops enroute before drop you off at hotel or airport.
Travel with us
All 3 routes above can be find a car service easily from Mae Hong Son. You also add extra days just confirm to the driver. It possible to drop you off at Chiang Mai Airport and end of trip. In order you have to go to the next destination.
We also have a car service to start from Chiang Mai upon your itinerary. Chiang Mai Driver Team available to service and go along with you. “Slowly and Steady”
Plan your trip wisely and you can get a great spot all to yourself.
Car service with driver