Dear Friends and lovely guests,
Since 7 years and 3 months ago, Baan Mai Guesthouse has been hosting wonderful visitors from all over the world. We had to sadly close our doors and a tiny house. Because of the COVID-19 effect, in this situation, we are unable to resolve the issue.
So a big thank you to all our guests. I cannot say I’ll see you again next time at Baan Mai. But I’m truly sure we will see you somewhere around the world.
Please keep in touch. We miss you all and good luck to you.
Jum and Nu
We will keep you updated on our activities. You can also send a message to say hello or write a comment on our facebook page. Just click https://web.facebook.com/Baanmai.Maehongson/.
Baan Mai Guesthouse is permanently closed.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Baan Mai Guesthouse will be closed permanently on July 14th, 2020. Baan Mai Guesthouse would like to thank you for all your support.
If you are inquiring about rooms in Mae Hong Son, please see the category of “where to stay“.
A home away from home
Baan Mai Guesthouse is situated in the downtown area, near the Jong Kham reservoir. There is 1 fan room and 2 A/C rooms with shared toilet and bathroom. Baan Mai Guesthouse provides free breakfast, coffee, tea, and the best Thai seasonal fruit.
The guesthouse owner, Jum or Joom, took you beyond her guesthouse and drove you around on a motorbike through the night market and temples, giving you recommendations on where to go. If you tell her how to get here and when you plan to arrive, she’ll pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the bus stop.
Baan Mai Guesthouse received a 5-star Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor from 2015 to 2018 and a 9.2 out of 10 Guest Review Award from Booking.com from 2017 to 2018.
They will be impacted by the economy and the coronavirus crisis in 2020. Baan Mai Guest House has to move their website to this webpage. And update details about their services. Hope and thank you for your support. Please kindly see the details below.
Transfer from www.baanmaiguesthouse.com
www.baanmaiguesthouse.com has expired from 2019. As a result, we redirect to this location. We apologize for any inconvenience.
A cosy, tastefully decorated, little wooden house with at-home warmth and friendliness. The Baan Mai Guesthouse’s three rooms are clean and comfortable, with shared toilet and shower facilities. Your friendly, helpful, and welcoming host and hostess will ensure that this will be one of your favourite stays on your trip.
Room & Rate
Closest to the outdoor seating area and the street are 1 double bed and a fan. High season price: 400 THB.
Closest to the shared area, fridge and coffee-making facilities, recently renovated, 1 double bed + 1 extra single bed if required, air conditioning and fan. High season price: 600 THB.
Closest to shower and toilet facilities, 1 double bed + 1 extra single bed if required, air conditioning + fan. High season price: 600 THB.
New building Baan Mai Guesthouse 2
There are 2 A/C rooms and 2 fan rooms for the same price.
- Low season Mar-Sep discount applies.
- All rooms serviced and cleaned daily.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary light breakfast
- Complementary tea and coffee
- Shared rest areas
- Shared bathroom and toilet facilities
- Information: trekking, tours, where to eat, what to see, how to get there, Thai/English go-between for when you have difficulty understanding Thai or Thai has difficulty understanding you.
- Thai cooking class
Baan Mai Guesthouse is ideally located, within easy walking distance of Mae Hong Son’s central lake, temple, market, and shopping areas. Your hostess, Jum, is a highly skilled Thai cook and makes that knowledge and skill available to you through her simple Thai cooking classes. Learn about Thai herbs and spices from the garden and introduce them to your own cooking. Your host’s recommendations:
- Shop in the colourful night market and explore local markets and nearby eateries.
- Take a trekking trip or a city tour. Or enlist Jum’s help in planning your next destination.
- Just chill and watch the world go by. With a drink in hand, enjoy some relaxing reading in the shared patio area in front of the guesthouse.
- Discover the walking trail to the hilltop temple for some unique sunset photos, or take a leisurely stroll to visit the nearby lake twin temples.
- Tel: (+66) 062 594 4241
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 26/1 Chamnan Satit Rd, A.Muang, Mae Hong Son, Thailand 58000